Sunday, January 2, 2011

No Impact Experiment - Day 1: Consumption

During Day 1 I have been challenged to reevaluate what I want to purchase this week and consider what I can get other ways, whether my own stuff, second hand, or self-made. How timely considering it is the week after Christmas and many people, including me, have gift certificates to use :)

What I realized as I thought about what I wanted to purchase with my holiday money is that I am a pretty particular shopper. I drive my sister crazy musing for hours and days over a purchase - clothes, kitchen gadgets, etc - doesn't matter what, I just don't want to waste money or buy stuff I won't use! I think I do want to refocus myself this year on combing the used gear websites and stores thoroughly before buying, however. I realize I already am on a route towards reduced purchases, but I can add a stronger focus on used goods, too.

1 comment:

  1. Good on ya, sis! I have already learned a lot from the first two days of my experience with eliminating trash from my life. Just to be clear, I have always admired your ability to spend so much time researching your purchases. And it benefits the rest of us who can ask you, "What do you buy?" and know that if we follow your lead that we are probably getting a great deal. Too bad you can't get paid for doing all the research you do:)
    Good luck!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete